Sheri McConnell: Los Angeles HERE I AM!

Wednesday, October 5

Los Angeles HERE I AM!

First of all ... I just have to say ... it has happened - I AM HERE! The reality of this actual move has not fully hit me - it still feels like I just finished this crazy long road trip from Canada - which by the way was approx. 36 hours. My 5 friends who made this long trek with me are stars! You guys totally rock!!!

Here is a loud shout to DANIEL ...MERLIN ...KEVIN ...NIGEL ...DAVE!

So, I am now a C-a-l-i-f-o-r-n-I-A resident! Psychotic... Everything is so crazy expensive - that is going to take forever to get used to-takes money management to a whole other equation!

Where do I begin ... Well -lets start this way ... It has been one week today! This is what I have done ...so far...

*Hang out with 5 groovy Canadian guys
*Walk around Santa Monica Pier and the promenade
*Crash in with the Matthews for the past 5 days and hang with the Ruis' -amazing families!
*Went to the "Knitting Factory" - and no it is not an actual "knitting factory" - but a club where bands and artists like Gwen Stefani who graced the stage. Cool venue!
*Found a fantastic Mexican restaurant! Don Cucos in GlenDale. So, for all those of you who will come and visit me (hinthint) we will totally go here! Amazing lime margarita's!!
*The GIG - Sunday, Oct. 2nd - check it out
www.basileiacommunity.com this is my new community here in LA
*House hunting for 2 days...groaner - oh my gosh everything is flippin' expensive here!
*Find an apartment!! yahooooo... a 2 bedroom place with a brown molten shag carpet and a mini bamboo tiki bar ...that's right - the likes of every 70's california tv show! Move over Barbarella! Plus, I have a pool right outside my door ...yahhoo!
*Good Will shopping - oh yes -I found a kitchen table for $20! and a entertainment stand for $7. Ikea cannot even beat that deal!
*Coffee with David+Anita - talking through Basileia schtuff
*Try to get all my utilities hooked up -even worse than the house hunting. Im still waiting for my social security number to go through - to the americans i have no identity and therefore no credit rating meaning...im laying down every crazy imaginable deposit down to hook up all the necessitites... can you say cha ching!!
*unpackunpackunpackunpack
*and now here i sit on my shag carpet -cause i have no furniture typing this post.

How do I feel ...some of you might wonder - well, im exhausted to start with. It has been a very emotional month saying goodbye, moving, transition, starting all over and setting up. Bailey barks at every strange noise here at our new pad - it is funny to watch him and in some bizarre way I think that he seemingly communicates how I feel internally right now. A little nervous, somewhat scared at all the unfamiliarity and also trying to find a sense of any form of normality. Whatever that looks like? ...I really need a good sleep...

Well, this is the beginning of this phaze of a new journey of my life -there has been so much leading up to this move and will be processing this over the days to come.

time...time can do much for our souls ... time will bring safety, connection and a sense of "home". I am now on this journey
Sheri at 2:24 PM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, I remember my first move to socal and the surreal feeing that I am really here... that was when the 70's shag was the current trend.

So cool to read that you are excited about the new beginnings... corey and i are cheering you on from up here, go girl!

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home