Sheri McConnell: It's Late ...It's Bare and I'm Bored

Saturday, October 8

It's Late ...It's Bare and I'm Bored

Friday night and I just finished straigtening around my new house. Which funny enough my place is totally bare -now wishing that maybe I shouldn't have pretty much sold every piece of valuable furniture. Then again, I most likely would have regretted trying to figure out how to haul it all down here. Oh well, this is when shag carpet works really well - when that is all you pretty much have to sit on.

Ok -I just have to vent ... My email is down AGAIN! That darn server is a total bugger. Once again I am unable to send out emails. What the heck! Makes it difficult to do anything on the comp other than msn and now blog.

Things that I have noticed albot southern cal to date: Fast food is REALLY gross here! Generally fast food is brutal anywhere oyu go but, here ...it is REALLY BAD! ickgross... I thought that I was going to be inundated with "beautiful people"! HA! People are really aggressive here ...freeways, starbucks and all. Everything is different! My favorite drink at starbucks used to be (in Canada) a Grande Breve No-Foam American Misto (thanks Daniel) well, here it is a grande breve americano with no foam. and then I have to proceed to explain to every barista how you actually make it. Freeways Freeways Freeways. oh my gosh! Good thing I mastered aggressive driving at an early age (despite my father's wishes;) Guess I won't be text messaging while I'm driving. I am hunting everywerhe for a "thomasguide" the must have map for LA/OC! Good thing I picked up the ear bud headset for my cell phone! Speaking of which I am now a Cingular customer! Buhbye fido -you have served me well! Hello to my new razor phone -move over captain kirk -beam me up scotty! For those of you who will see my phone -you will understand:)

Cultural experience -sitting at the Social Security Administration Office this week. And I sat and sat and sat. That's right for 3 hours I sat and got so bored that I began to count how many white people were actually in the office I was at. Well, let me just say that I personally was the by far extreme minority -bizarre! And who said that I had to leave northamerica to have a cultural experience? ... hahaha.

Things I did today -clean,unpack, cable+internet hookedup -yeah! Ikea and Vitamin Shoppe run. My first shopping trip to "Trader Joes's" Yah.... I love that grocery store! They even have wine for $2.00! We will see what that tastes like!;)

Plans for tommorow ... SLEEPIN! (the fist one since I can't remember!) Go to my neighborhood starbucks for coffee tommorow. Suntan by the pool tommorow and Dinner with the Ruis', Cindy Reithmeir and other ...

Signing out for the night -Blessedx
Sheri at 12:15 AM

8 Comments:

Blogger hayes said...

SHERI! I'm so glad you have a blog. This is GREAT! It sounds like things are not too bad, but what a pain in the a** getting everything unpacked and set up. Ryan and I had no furniture when we move into our new place so I totally know what it feels like to have no place to sit. I wish I could send you some furniture or something. HOly crap I just saw that you will be HERE for the 10th anniversary! YIPPIE! This is great. Perhaps you will paint with me:) I can't wait to see you. Do you have a place to stay yet?

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheri

The type you're using is toooo smallllll....my poor eyes!! ahaha. (remember...on a laptop, your site appears smaller!)

I'm so glad you made it okay to LA. I'm jealous. It must be great weather. It snowed here already. Sucks, man.

Say hi to Dave and Anita. Tell Anita how sad we are that she isn't coming.

See ya soon...

9:16 AM  
Blogger rachel elizabeth said...

HEY GIRL!!
so glad that you have a blog up and running! I wasn't sure when or where it was going to be...glad I found out!

Miss ya lots.
ciao ciao

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sheri.

thank you for being such an inspiring leader.

though i may not have shown it, you had an impact on my life and Street Invaders Fueled 2005 was an experience i won't ever forget. I'm so glad i had the liberty to work with you.

Hope all is well in Hollywood. We are praying for you and I can't wait to hear about all the great things that you will see and do down there.

Give Bailey a pet for me.

Mike V.

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sheri,

You made it out there . . . :). Wow, you found your place really quick. Glad to hear things are getting settled for you so quickly that way. I know what you mean by the furniture (last summer)!!

Take care!

P.S.
Yvonne's right about the font!

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All in good time and you're place will be kick 'ahem'. Lovin' the Blog... see you soon!

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sherri,


Well good to read the goings on of your life down in Cali. Just wanted to say hey! Thanks for the convo we got to have while I was out in the field with work. Really brought some things into presepective. Sad Sad that u can not text while driving. Maybe u should text me your new cell so i can text u... you know how i love to. (403) 998 0441 Miss ya!! I will be praying!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Keep up the good blogging Sheri! You are inspiring me to get back on the blog train.

Can't wait till the next time I am in L.A. so I can come hang and eat Mexican and see your 70s pad.

I am pumped to hear of your adventures down there and how God is using you. Keep your eyes on Him and rip it up Canadian-style down there.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home