Sheri McConnell: well...Birthday Celebrations were had

Wednesday, June 21

well...Birthday Celebrations were had

and it was FUN! Thank you to all who dropped me a note, email and/or a phone call! That really does mean so much to me :) (aunt marilyn - you are always so amazing at remembering birthdays sorry to have missed your call - the countdown for Germany is on!;)

I did a small intimate shindig at the "Velvet Margarita" on the Friday night with a few friends and then the party kicked it up a few notches on Saturday night at our loft with an absolutely amazing dinner prepared by Doug Mathews and his beautiful wife Rachel. I cannot even pronounce all that we had from pork tenerloin to chicken provance with herbs, assortments of cheese and appetizers, ceasar salad ... the list for real goes on and then for dessert we did a cold stone icecreamery thingee where people could choose all their own toppings! Ice Cream is my favorite of all favorites and then we had Margaritas on tap ... blended, on the rocks, champagne with strawberries also for dessert along with a free flowing Chocolate Fountain! That is right!!! OK...it was just one class, ritzy act! I loved it!

And then a few of us danced the night away to 80's music and all that groovy stuff ...

Wish you all could have been there! It was also so much fun to have Greg/Teresa Trask and family hanging all the way from Abbotsford, Canada. That made the party extra special for me:)

Yesterday I spent the day/evening in SanDiego with the Trasks at SeaWorld. We had so much fun!!! I was driving down the I5 south towards SanDiego and sometimes I have these moments where all of a sudden it hits me. I LIVE in flippin CALIFORNIA!

Interesting how even in a beautiful place one can get lost in just the survival of living life. Well, yesterday was a moment where I felt like I lost myself in the beauty of this place that the Lord has brought me to. From the beautiful ocean to the incredible palm trees, foliage and flowers. Oh the fragrances... To the laid back california sun, surf and mindset that goes with it. I need to explore more. Oh how I love the water ... one of my secret little dreams is that one day - one day I will be able to live close by if not at the ocean. who knows ...

Well, I need to do some work here. Bye for now:)

sheri
Sheri at 10:08 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Greg Roberts said...

Glad to hear it was an excellent memory!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Joyska said...

happy belated Sheri! my life has been pretty crazy these days, but I thought of you... and was green with envy that you were having a party with out me! but hey... the colour is returning to normal and I am thrilled you had such a great time! My 35th (shhhhh) is just around the corner... so i'll have to have my own party... though from the sound of it, it could never even remotely be as COOL and HIP as yours!

Miss you more than you know! Haven't seen a movie IN AGES!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I know the feeling of realizing you live somewhere. For me it is usually the oposite. When the first snow storm hits, I step outside and realize...I'M LIVING IN THE FREAKING ARCTIC.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home