Sheri McConnell: A beautiful moment

Monday, June 26

A beautiful moment

I want to share a moment I had today that was really beautiful for me. A few friends and myself went to the Forest Lawn Cemetary and Mossuleum here in Glendale (LA). I have always enjoyed walking through cemetaries ... I don't know why but there really is something so beautiful in these places. It doesn't feel sad to me in anyway. Quiet, reflective, peaceful. This particular cemetary you would never ever think existed in the swirl of LA. It is like you are taken back in time to old Europe. (Sidenote: my favorite place in the universe...Europe!) Anyway ... As we were going through some of the galleries and country side, I was walking down this one part of the mossuleum were beautiful marble art pieces were displayed and there before me on one of the walls carved into the stone was this quote that really captured something very deep for me. It was a moment in time that was really beautiful for me.

"If we could surround ourselves with forms of beauty, the evil things of life would tend to disappear and our moral standards would be raised. Through our contact with the beautiful we see more of the truth and are brought into closer contact with the infinite." -Calvin Coolidge

This is my prayer tonight.
Sheri at 9:14 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger hayes said...

wow that really is cool. I love that quote.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Joyska said...

great quote. AND Sheri... this is the way you live. Love it, and miss you. thanks for your kind words on my blog.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Hey Sheri!
Growing up I used to play in the graveyard behind my house and climb the tree in it to write in my journal. There is something special about cemeteries.
Awesome quote, it speaks to my heart too! It speaks of the divine and of art (which is what my life is tangled in)
Thanks for the comment, I too am following you from afar. Sounds like the Spirit is moving there. Very exciting and fun! I hope I’ll be back one day to see all your endeavors (and the bedach)! Many Blessings! Keep fighting the good fight!

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home