Sheri McConnell: Rain

Sunday, January 1

Rain

There is something so beautiful and mysterious about the rain to me. Here I am in southern california with cold, stormy weather. Shoot I should'nt have sold that umbrella in the garage sale ... Other than what it does to my hair, I love the rain!

So often I have heard people talk about how rain makes them depressed. I never understood that really cause I love the rain! I am a very reflective individual and when I hear the rain outside my window payne it quickly takes me to those places of reflection and muse. I remember as a kid some of the best times we had as a family was camping. That's right folks despite popular opinion perhaps - I am a camper! shock and awe ... I can forgo showers, blowdryers and the sort!

Anyway, one of my favorite times in our trailer was listening to the rain as it pitter pattered across the roof of the trailer. Only but a few inches from my face (trailer bunks are small, tight spaces) and there I would lie all cozy in my sleeping bag falling asleep to the sound of rain which was always so beautiful and comforting.

...Peaceful, cleansing, washing, refreshing ...
...Moments where all the cares of my heart are silenced by the lull and rhythm of the rain.

Tonight in some strange way it is as if the Lord knew how much I have needed a rainy night. The only thing better, would be the ability to share it with someone.
One day perhaps.

The solace of melancholy is my constant companion

goodnight
Sheri at 11:36 PM

5 Comments:

Blogger anthony said...

Sheri,

I used to be one of those rain haters. Why, you might ask? Probably because I'm anally clean and (laugh if you like) get irritated when my shoes get dirty, oh and when my car gets dirty. But in the last year or so I've gotten over it and, like you, a pensive and reflective individual, love the grey skies and rain........

Love ya Sheri!!
Tony.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

i don't like rain. your post almost makes me feel bad for that, but i'm over it already ;)

it's the lack of sunshine, that's all. so, when there's one of those rare sunshowers, i'm all over it!

actually, sometimes when it's raining in sheets so hard that you're soaked in 0.83 seconds flat, it's fun to kick around in puddles since there's no way you can get wetter.

maybe i'll discover my inner artist someday and get all deep when it rains. i think it's locked up in solitary confinement somewhere ;)

8:09 PM  
Blogger rachel elizabeth said...

I will be one to comment on loving the rain!
Here at college we have a couple sky lights, and in the spring it is just a blast to lie underneath them while its raining, watching the wind blow the clouds across your view, see the reflection of the rain drops in the room. Its great.

Ciao!

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're a cool girl Sher. your post on my blog came just when i needed it.

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sheri
you are a remarkable woman. and i am a lover of rainy days. just so happens that grey is my favorite color. i adore you, even from a distance.
much love.
kelly

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home