Sheri McConnell: Christmas

Tuesday, December 20

Christmas

In the deepest night
there rises the star of morning,
of birth,
the herald of a new day you are making,
a day of great joy dawning
in yet faint shafts
of light and love.

I hear whispers of peace in the stillness,
fresh breezes of promise
stirring,
winter sparrows
chirping of life,
a baby's cry
of need
and hope -
Christmas!

In the darkness I see the light
and find in it comfort,
confidence,
cause for celebration,
for the darkness cannot overcome it;
and I rejoice to nourish it
in myself,
in other people,
in the world
for the sake of him
in whom it was born
and shines forever,
even Jesus the Christ.

(Book: Guerilla's of Grace)
Sheri at 4:30 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger WAUGDAI said...

It's always a pleasure to read your blog Sheri. Best of times for you during this season. Catch ya.

7:41 PM  
Blogger hayes said...

Hey. I like my hair. It's pretty short this time. I wanted it shorter than usual because I don't plan on having it cut for a while. I need your address there again. I've got a Christmas card for ya:) email it to me.

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home