Sheri McConnell: In Prayer Tonight

Monday, November 28

In Prayer Tonight

with David, Lee and Greg for the Basileia Community the Lord gave me a picture of a man standing on a ladder at a broken wall industriously rebuilding the wall. Then I heard the Lord say very clearly "A repairer of the wall" ... Lee then grabbed his Bible and read out of Isaiah 58 which totally fits and I believe is a heart cry of the Lord over our community in this season.

"If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk, and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday. The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations; you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings. Isaiah 58: 9-12
Sheri at 11:42 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Amen! I love how the Holy Spirit brings life to words written a couple centuries ago! The Bible is such a gift to us and when used with the knowledge that God is alive and working and speaking ... things get really cool.

Fire it up down there in Hollywood Sheri!

1:09 AM  
Blogger anthony said...

SHERI!!!!
How cool that I stumbled upon your blog!

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sheri -
I love that passage in Isaiah....actually my mother gave it to me about 10 years ago and said that she believed my calling was to be a Repairer of broken walls and a restorer of dwellings. I will definitely pray into that for you all in Basilea...there are so many broken walls - great place for you to be.
Love and blessings- Corey

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home