Sheri McConnell: tired

Friday, November 18

tired

I am coming to a close of my 17 days in Canada. Tommorow I head back to the land of population ...that's right Los Angeles. It still feels somewhat surreal that I actually live there and I must say I so miss Bailey! I can hardly wait to see him tommorow and my mom and dad!!!

This has been a good trip. Loads of people time -it has been awesome! Looking forward to my quiet little so cal apartment in the foothills of LA, walks in the little park with bailey and new adventures to unfold. I already miss all you very dear people to my heart, who I have hung with for the last couple weeks. It makes me sad to wonder when the next time will be. There were many of you I wish that I could have seen on this trip - Kevin Deane, Mark Sears, Laurel and many others.

Odd how when all of a sudden we are taken completely out of every comfortable place we realize how settled we really were and the relationships that you are blessed with. I am staying with My brother and family tonight before I head off. They are so amazing and my nephews ... Josh, Matt and Nathan you are so beautiful! Barb it was cool to be able to just hang this afternoon. There is something so safe about being "known" -this city -this country is full of kindred ones who 'I am' with. The land I am re-entrying to really isn't that yet. This is the scary part. Looks like I have a lot to walk through and begin all over again. Once again. Another new beginning is in front of me.

Im tired.
goodnight
Sheri at 5:30 PM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, we look forward to having you back in LA... you can organize JewelFest 2006... :-)

11:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

isn't there more people in orange county than all of canada?

last time i was in l.a. i climed a mountain in altadena, got severe poison ivy (had to be on cortozone for a month), got covered in termites, swarmed by wasps, turned my ankle on the face of a cliff with a hundred foot drop below, so dehydrated i cramped bad... and that was all early on a Sunday morning... so i hobbled all the way down to Lake Ave Congregational and sat in the third row for their morning service.... at that time I didn't realize I had such bad poison ivy :)

enjoy re: creating... give the governator our best.

9:56 AM  
Blogger rachel elizabeth said...

It was such a blessing being able to see you and spend sometime with you while you were up here! I hope your journey back to LA was safe, smooth, and that you are able to rest once you get there!

Love you and miss you already my friend!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sucks I missed ya Sheri. I was in Nashville on business Wed-Fri and then in Vegas on pleasure Fri-Sun. Fun stuff but I would have loved to squeeze in line for a coffee or meal with you. All the more reason to make it to L.A. again soon. I will definitely be coming down for Damah but that isn't until May. Who knows.

Laurel also had a pretty good excuse. She just got back from Thailand/Cambodia earlier today. She had a good trip but is glad to be home I think.

Keep up the bloggin' and blessings to you Sheri. May God's love and peace breakdown any fear or worry in you. He is close.

- Mark

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home