Sheri McConnell: ...oh what a deal!

Sunday, October 23

...oh what a deal!

Yes - that's right I found a couch for $80. Actually, Anita Ruis found a couch for me ... AND it is a LEATHER one at that!! What a steal:) I mean it is not in perfect shape but, what a few cushions and a throw can cover makes it all worthwhile and more! Yahoo ...

This rates up there with the fridge! Plus, I bought something that I have wanted for a long time!!! A BEAN BAG Chair. I remember my aunt and uncle had a couple for years and I absolutely loved them. Always wanted one in my living room. And they still sell them down here! So, I picked one up:) Great for watching football games! Now, I just have to start working on that one. Watching football that is ;)

Yesterday morning, I had resigned myself to hermiting out for the day (see past blog post) and then a friend here called me up and invited me out with her and her husband to the Los Angeles Farmers Market. Oh my gosh. I swear this beats all farmers markets I have been to! World famous -over a 100 years old. We went for crepes' and delicious coffee. One could stay there all day and just eat a varitey of various ethnic foods that are so yummy. I went to the New Orleans Kiosk and ended up having the best coffee I have ever drunk!!! Plus, there is a place connected to the Market that is called "The Grove" and it looks so cool a tram runs up and down the street that are filled with really cool shops, restaurants and the like. I definately have to go back there soon and explore further!

Seriously, for all those of you coming to visit me - we will go there! Very fun! I could have just stayed all day there to people watch. I love people watching and I have to say this beats anywhere else I have been.

Well, speaking of delicious coffee... Time to go get some with breakfast!

Happy Sunday:)
Sheri at 11:38 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Sheri, I love that farmers market too! Last time I was in L.A. I walked over from my hostel on Melrose and ate from the same cool crepes place in the market. Hung out there and bought some little nicnacs and went to the Apple store in The Grove. Very cool, grabbed a Shuffle.

So glad to here you are getting settled and I am so happy you are blogging.

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home