Sheri McConnell: Back Home in Cow Town ...

Monday, November 14

Back Home in Cow Town ...

HEY Friends

well...i am home in calgary. arrived back here yesterday from regina.

had an absolutely amazing time with all the youth at the retreat, old friends, new friends ... the Lord moved powerfully really challenging students and adults alike to stop living our spiritual lives through our emotions. To set our affections on the things of the Lord and to commit one to another to be people who desperately call out Jesus Life over ourselves and one another. Particularly in a culture and time that is so independant and self absorbed - we need Jesus more than ever and we need community!

I really believe that roots went deep and that was my personal prayer for the weekend and all the ministry that I am putting my hands to. so needless to say in the midst of exhaustion i feel really good. my heart feels well. his voice feels very sharp to me right now. that might not make sense to many of you, but i feel like i am hearing. thank you jesus. my dependance really is in you. even in the moments of speaking truth i felt those words hitting very close to home just for me. and timely as i have launched out to the unknown.

so, here i am in calgary for a few days with epic, lifeforce, family. i pray that these days would be full of life and even in the midst of craziness and wanting to cram in as much 'people time' as possible -there would be divine moments of conversation and the ministry of your Spirit Lord.
Sheri at 12:18 PM

6 Comments:

Blogger rachel elizabeth said...

I hope and pray that you are blessed as you continue to bless those around you!
Love ya!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hey Sheri!
So good to see you on Sunday night... thanks for the message... very challenging...
Lisa

10:56 AM  
Blogger WAUGDAI said...

Deep blessings upon you Sheri. May you receive in abundance all that you pour out back upon your own personal life. Always a blessing to be challenged by you.

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if i don't make it Belize i'll come and see you in LA

9:45 PM  
Blogger Sheri said...

katie girl ... you better come and see me in LA either way! I need a friend who loves to explore ... I also have an extra room..hinthint:)

keep you chin up girl! or as the brits say ... keep your pecker up;)

10:46 PM  
Blogger hayes said...

Hey so glad your having a great time. Hope you can come see us in Winnipeg again sometime soon:) My favorite moment of the weekend was talking with you! THanks

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home