Sheri McConnell: I AM NOW OFFICIALLY SET UP in my house!!!!

Tuesday, October 25

I AM NOW OFFICIALLY SET UP in my house!!!!

After a gazillion trips to IKEA, Target and back. This is when my perfectionism soars to an all round high! Way too many 3am mornings as I unpack, organize, move furniture, etc... Last night was my last one for awhile. My office is now organized! Yahhooo ... I feel like I can now face my new life down here head on! Ok - am I anal or what? I just need to have a sense of organization in my very chaotic - quickly changing life. I realize this is how I find sanity and safety way faster. I think that's what happens when you move alot and are in different environments all the time. the little that you have -I like to at least have it semi settled.

I put my last coat of stain on my beautiful $20 dining table from goodwill! it's either maple or oak (I cannot remember) Seriously, it is beautiful and I learned something new in the process. Anita you are amazing! Now, I just have to coat it with a sealant and the entertaining begins!

ROUNDTABLES :There is something about round tables. They are my favorite. note to self -from now on - roundtables in my home at all times. Something that draws you closer to one another face to face. This table can fit comfortably 8 people around it. So, cool! I only have 4 chairs tho' that is all I could afford. It really helps creates family and conversation. I love that!


oh...i love it...the current weather that is! We are having authentic vancouver weather for the past couple days. meaning ... rain, fog, mist, cool air. Sounds like either the setting for a romance novel or a suspense/horror. I prefer the romance. Everyone tells me that this is early for california - they usually get this "winter weather" around christmas for what a couple weeks. Nice long seasons they have here (sarcasm intended;) They usually only have HOT HOTTER and HOTTEST no wonder if you are one who is climatized down here this is known as cold, winter.

Hahaha ... come to winnipeg honey! The last couple days I was walking around the park with a tshirt no jacket and people here are all bundled up. it is quite funny to watch and most people are probably laughing at me on this one. Let's see as the adjustments settle and the elusive climatizing happens whether or not I too will become thin skinned.

Saying all that - I love these types of days cause it makes me want to snuggle up in front of a fireplace. well, no fireplace here. so sad. But, drink a nice steamy cup of eggnog latte' I now can do-that's right- it is in the stores baby! ANNOUNCEMENT - I saw it yesterday!!! Eggnog that is;) When it will hit starbucks -who knows....katie?? tanya?? [Commercial break]

Anyway, snuggle up, read a good book ...speaking of -check out the corresponding list on the right margin of this page. These are just a few personal favorite books. There are always many more to be added, perhaps in a couple months I will change the list and bring in some new books. tonight Tams and I went to the Black Cow in Montrose. Not to far from where we live. Ok -this is a cute little restaurant. Another hot spot for my visitors to come:)

Upcoming Highlights:

*A morning walk in the park, with bailey in the misty dew
*Pulse Meeting in Pasadena tommorow (aka. prayer)
*Art supply shopping for basileia with tams
*Friday - Laguna Beach
*Kevin Friesen is coming to visit me! Yeah, my first "official visitor" in my home. Here comes the party!
*Saturday Night Halloween Party at the Ruis'!
mmmm...still trying to figure out a costume!
*Sunday - the 'GIG'!
*Sunday Night - my open house partee!!!


Well time to sign off. I feel this has been one massive ramble but, I have enjoyed it -I don't know about you...

peaceout
Sheri at 11:01 PM

7 Comments:

Blogger Yvonne Parks said...

can you post some pictures of your new place????

10:48 AM  
Blogger Sheri said...

I would love to but, don't have a digital camera ... something to ask for at christmas!!

12:34 PM  
Blogger hayes said...

Congrats on getting your new home set up. I hate moving but always love it when everything comes together and it feels like home.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello my friend! I have finally jumped back into the electronic world. I love your blog ... the colours and layout! You need to send some pictures when you get some! I would love to see some pictures of your place. robyn.

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey crazy. i don't work for starbucks anymore. tanya would be your only source of knowledge for eggnog latte's. my guess however is Dec. you and your crazy extra hott eggnog..sick. we're having our first BC interior YLC this weekend. if you hear it all crashes..i didn't plan it. ha. anyways i miss you and i hope to see you sometime. any tips to working with Mark. so far so good but let me know. - K

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shezza - just catchin up on your blog. glad to hear you're place is set up. we miss you loads + can't wait to hang when you visit in november. btw, i'm gone for a quick trip 13-15, so can we plan around that? say hi to everyone + talk soon. cheers!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Clarkie said...

Hey Sheri, Looks like i am totally not going to be here when you come...shoot the dog!
I am off to visit the fam in Van...
I am actually looking forward to it...I am sure that I will miss my beautiful husband and wonderful dogs...but I guess its all good...for a while anyways.
Well come back soon...or if you are in the Van area then call my cell and we will hook right up.
Have an awesome time in the Peg and I'll catch ya next time around!!

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home