Sheri McConnell: Thought for Today

Tuesday, November 22

Thought for Today

After getting up at 6:30 am this morning for no special reason other than to let Bailey do his morning pee on the mini palm tree on my patio (thought to self - I should water that tree at some point) and then of course another reason I am up so stinkin' early cause I had gone to bed at 8:30pm the night before. ok -I was exhausted from my trip. I think I am back to normal ...as normal as I get anyway;)

I decided to throw in the movie "Kingdom of Heaven" with Orlando Bloom. ahhh...a lil' early morning pleasure - good coffee, a bowl of cereal, sitting in my pj's in my chocolate chenille throw watching a movie with no rush to the morning (kinda feels like a christmas holiday treat)

...anyway...

A thought for today emerged in me as I watched this movie and here it is:
"A little bit of evil for the greater good - is still evil"

Fascinating how human nature enjoys justifying the small compromises for the sake of the perceived better, best or greatest.

:My prayer today:
Lord, please purge and refine the smallest justifications in my heart which will so easily contaminate the beautiful work of Your Heart in my life.
Sheri at 6:33 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger rachel elizabeth said...

what were yer thoughts on the movie?

7:27 PM  
Blogger Sheri said...

hey rach - it was entertaining in a so so sorta way. Of course, historically not so great with "creative license" everywhere. Your thoughts?

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amen to your prayer Sheri, me too

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home