Sheri McConnell: sunday -oh what a day!

Sunday, November 20

sunday -oh what a day!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARB!!! Lots of Love from me to you across the miles xoxoxoxox

today was a good day. it didn't start off that way but, turned around. Here comes a story ...

Last night around 1am as I sleepingly unpacked my suitcase from what was a really long day. I just arrived back home from a two and ahalf week trip to Canada.

I was warmly greeted by my oh so comfy bed - clean fresh smelling sheets. (By the way this truly is one of my favorite earthly smells!) and my lil' baby Bailey cuddled up around my neck/head. ok -don't ask - that is the usual 'sleep position' he likes to have with me. That will most definately have to change when i get married. Anyway, on to the story ... About half way through the middle of the night. right during REM (im sure) in the middle of a good dream anyway, I heard this taptaptap and variations thereabout right above my head on my bedroom window. My bed is right below a window (which I am on ground floor)it was loud enough to wake me up very slowly as the little white puff ball curled up into me started quietly growling. Again... taptaptap... the sound emerged even louder this time sounding alot more urgent and Bailey's growl intensified as I could hear the window trying to be unlodged from it's closed position. I started panicking in a semi (not even) concious state. I must explain. I am not a morning person or do very well when woken up from a dead sleep. I wasnt thinking clearly at all. I jumped up out of my bed thinking "someone is trying to break in" I have to keep the window closed - I cannot let them in. I was freaking! finally, I whipped the blinds up and saw this mass of a person trying to scale the rocks below my window endeavoring to climb through the window. Of all things, I actually scared them when I threw open the blinds and started screaming at the top of my lungs "GET OUT OF HERE" "GET OUT OF HERE" over and over again. I honestly, don't know how many times I yelled it. Remember I was in a daze. When this person looked up at me - I noticed it was a girl who started saying back to me frantically, "I'm sorry mam, I'm sorry miss...i'm sorry." I thought that someone else lived here. I didn't take that for any sort of apology but, just kept yelling "GET OUT OF HERE!" I can justify my psychoticness by the fact that I was so startled and freakin' scared! This person quickly removed herself from the face of my wall and ran off. I ended up trying to sleep after that and needless to say was fairly disconbobulated. Which then at 5am Bailey decided it was time to get up for a morning pee. I definately was not going to go over to our park, but again stumbled out of bed to let him pee on the one teeny weeny palm tree that I have on my patio. I could care less at that point. and then he kept waking up every hour on the hour until 8am I finally tried to pull it together to head down to Hollywood for our monthly GIG event.

THERE'S A STORY FOR YA' EH!

I was looking forward to seeing a few people this morning and yet, a huge part of me was just wanting to sleep in but,knew that would be virtually impossible so, I pushed through and said to myself let's make this the best. I walked in and was automatically greeted by warm smiles, hugs and a few familiar faces. It actually felt really cool. I felt a little thrown coming back from my fun adventures in Canada to not really knowing what I am coming to here. and yet, today it felt really good. I had a few convo's with some really cool people and actually collected quite a few phone numbers who I am going to pursue to just hang and get to know each other. Jason and Jennifer live in long beach and are so cool. Jason is honestly an amazing worshipper and his wife jennifer is so beautiful! I really feel a connect with her and look forward to a new friendship. Plus, I met this really cool young couple who live right in Hollywood and have moved here from Texas just a couple years ago following the voice of God. Another Jesus Connect I feel is emerging. Thank you Lord. I have really been praying about this and you are giving me hope. Thank you!

I hooked up with another few friends to set up some coffee dates and then in the middle of worship (which was absolutely amazing!) All my Canadian friends -you really need to come to just be able to be apart of this worship stuff going on! Amazing! And I could hear the voice of the Lord so clear directing me to pray for people -stealth like. No recognition, not up at the front, just weaving through the crowd as He directed. I really could see the Lord so clear on people and had an opportunity to see freedom over a beautiful girl who was so broken. The Lord gave me a picture for her about her being a bird with beautiful color who had her wings bandaged up and could not fly because she was wounded. He healed her heart this morning as we prayed and in an act of beautiful obedience she then drew a picture of a precious bird flying free in the air with all her color and beauty to display!
It just so encouraged my heart!

My heart is filled with hope in today as I really saw you Lord answer some cries and concerns of my heart as I have launched out into the total unknown, not knowing how this all is going to unfold. In light of american thanksgiving -which is this week and honestly, so bizarre - almost bigger than christmas! David was speaking about "contentment" today and I just felt challenged today to remind myself again that I bring myself back to that place of contentment in HIM. As I keep placing myself there - He will direct my path and fulfill the longings of my heart.

I choose to trust you Lord, my saviour, my master.
Tommorow I might head down to the beach (it has been HOT here- like 27 celcius!) I need a day off and with a freshly filled tank of gas should go and have a new adventure. Even alone I will find intimacy - with HIM.
Sheri at 1:39 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger hayes said...

if someone was knocking on my window and trying to open it I would probably freeze in fear. Good for you yelling at her.

I look can't wait to come and visit you. I'll come down in a few weeks:) The snow has only been here for a week but I am already needing to get out of it!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Sheri said...

Hey James - do you guys kinda know when you are planning on coming down this way at all? We usually do "the gigs" on the 4th Sunday of each month. Just so you don't miss anything:)

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home