Sheri McConnell: Christmas ...

Saturday, November 26

Christmas ...

As of last night the TREE IS UP! I decided if I was actually going to buy decorations that I need to make the most of them ...so, literally from the store to the floor did my tree go with enthusiasm and vigor I perfected the highly flammable plastic decor. Perhaps, one day a real tree will grace my humble abode.


Today Anita, Maria and I went right into the heart of Hollywood to hook up with a lady named Rachelle.

Rachelle is a homeless lady who we encountered last Sunday right after the GIG who had fallen into the middle of the street. She and a friend of hers, Angelina came over for Thanksgiving Dinner the other night and as I was sitting right across from them had quite an interesting conversation. The skills of manipulation for the sake of survival these ladies have developed is quite fascinating and sad all at the same time.

Speaking of sad -wow- Hollywood ...so many mentally unstable, broken, lost and lonely individuals. Definately not what you see on the movie screen.

So, today Anita, Maria and I sat in some pizza joint right on Hollywood Blvd. listening to Rachelle. It is all apart of the journey into relationship. I love it cause it is so much more than just a cup of coffee or a free meal. It is really sitting and listening to the heart of a woman who has been living in LA for 17 years. A woman who is struggling to live, looking for hope, love and life.

Please pray for Rachelle and Angelina that we will have the continued honor of encountering life with these ladies.

Ok - gotta jet - Bailey is jumping all over me obviously looking for some entertainment.

Peace Out
Sheri at 5:36 PM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey crazy. i read on James site that you're freaking coming to calgary with david ruis and rita springer. i love rita springer and well ruis of course. yeah ok i'm realizing more and more that this post is sounding creepier and creepier. just thought i'd say hello anyways. love you. so i'm thinking of coming in may. will you be around?

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home