Sheri McConnell: It's a Good Day

Friday, January 6

It's a Good Day

It's a good day ... the sun is brightly shining into my office at 8:30am it is bright, peaceful and looks like a warm day to follow.

It's a good day ... I woke up without the use of an alarm clock and the feeling of a truck rolling over my head. Perhaps that is a miracle ... lol

It's a good day ... I am about to partake on my last eggnog latte' of the season ... mmm... make it extra hot with no foam.

It's a good day ... to hit the YMCA and beat up my body ... I mean make it better with the use of the cross trainer and all sorts of gym (torturing devices) i mean toys.

It's a good day ... cause I have stayed true so far to one of my new year resolves, to do something "active" every day.

It's a good day ... cause I made it through my very first and very last cycle class the other day, and I wear it like a trophy on my behind because that is seriously what took the most beating! Oh my gosh ...it's a miracle that I didn't get hemmroids out of the 30 minutes.

It's a good day ... cause I have 2 Calgary buddies coming down here to vist me any day. A shout out to James and Stu!

It's a good day ... because the peace of the presence of the Lord is very near to me these past few days.

It's a good day ... cause I had fun yesterday with a new friend combing through the LA fashion district.

It's a good day ... cause I had a really great "tea" conversation with a good friend last night.

It's a good day ... cause I had a great phone convo with Joyska last night all the way in Kansas City!

It's a good day ... cause I just found yesterday that 2 good friends got engaged over Christmas! YEAH to Mark and Laurel!!!

It's a good day ... cause I have GALAXY chocolate dawning my house in a couple weeks! YEAH ... Andy!

It's a good day ... cause my little baby Bailey is back to his normal spunky self!

It's a good day ... cause I was able to pay my rent, telephone bill and going to pay my cable bill today.

It's a good day ... cause a long lost very dear friend contacted me this past week!

It's a good day ... cause I have a mysterious encounter tonight which will prove to be interesting -I'm sure.

It's a good day ... cause I am heading to San Marcos, CA. tommorow for a wknd. wtih friends, blowout worship and of course meeting God!

It's a good day ... cause I am healthy, loved and all my needs are taken care of!

It is the small things that make up fantastic days!!


Hope your day is great!
Sheri at 8:26 AM

11 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Hi my friend...i'm glad you are having a good day....my day was made even better just reading about yours!! Have a blessed weekend and i hope we can connect sometime..i'm jealous about the galaxy choc tho'!!! mmmm...chocolate..
love you!
jacquie ox

6:23 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Lots to be thankful for!

He/she who has eyes to see...

P.S. new worship pastors? I haven't even heard about this yet! Who is it?...

8:49 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Sheri!
I'm glad it was a good day. Thanks for the reminder to look for the little things!
Lisa

10:35 PM  
Blogger Sheri said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's a good day because this our worship..yikes. trying to wrap my head around that one.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Joyska said...

Sheri... i'm dieing to hear!!! call me, email me, visit me... something!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Hey Love!!! yeah, I love the fact that I can see what you're up too and visualize you having a great time in the sun! i loved your blog about christmas day when you and anita picked up the guy with the sore feet....very touching and made me want to be there to do that too!! awesome!
i love you too...you are special to my heart and reading about the wifesaver story reminded me of my christmas spent with your family...memories...good ones too. we have known each other for almost 20 years!! in 2007 it will be, wow!
i hope 2006 brings you lots of wonderful moments and many many blessings along the way.
love you.
jac xo
ps, music is going good...doing quite a bit of stuff, want to start writing again, some worship stuff...will keep you posted.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

hmmm, guess I should have emailed...

9:45 PM  
Blogger Sheri said...

No Worries Matt!

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sheri

I really like this post. I make lists like this in my journal sometimes and its amazing how it changes my perspective.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home