Sheri McConnell: Drivers Test!

Thursday, January 26

Drivers Test!

Yes, well ... it is THE DAY! All of my 16 year old "driving" fears are coming back to haunt me.

Unfortunately when one moves from Canada to the USofA, you cannot just transfer your licensing over but must take a written exam and then an actual driving exam!

It is so crazy here ...the licensing process. Everything is independant which means the insurance to the registration to the licensing are all like 50 steps to get them done. Seriously, another one of those lets wait in line for 5 hours kinda thing.

So, today is my written exam and then when I pass, my appointment for the driving exam will happen. All this to say PLEASE PRAY! The miles thing really has not sit with me yet. HA! Needless, to say that is what I will be doing all morning reading through this blinkin' drivers manual!

On another note: I just have to give a shout out to the fact that I have passed a small and yet at the same time huge milestone!

5 MILES baby! That is right ... I am back on track and yesterday accomplished a 5 miles run in 50 minutes. I have no clue if that is a good time or not? But, feeling really good physically and each day my endurance is increasing! Yeah ...

The first couple months were really difficult to get into any sort of routines health wise because half of it was spent travelling in Canada and just with the transitions and not knowing this area well, I didn't know what that was going to look like however, now I am on track and feeling great that way!

This week has been a mixture for me with some good in it. I will speak to the good. Tuesday night met a friend from England at the airport. Took him out for dinner ...it was really cool to catch up -tho' very brief as he was on his way to Calgary the next day and a special treat he did bring! 2 massive bars of Galaxy Chocolate! Excitement! Perhaps I can eat them while I am running ... HA!! Bad joke;)

Monday night and last night (wednesday) we had 2 important prayer meetings focusing towards really "hearing" the Lord together and seeking him on behalh of "a hub" for Basileia. Great prayer times together and really seeing a core develop. Also, looking forward to Tim/Diane Larose from the Loops who are coming down this week and I think coming to the GIG this Sunday. Can hardly wait to see them!!

Last week a bunch of us went to Life Pacific College in San Dimas, CA. (a four square school) David and band did a blow out night of worship - it was flippin' amazing! The Lord came powerfully!!! It made me miss all my FGBC friends ... you guys would seriously love the look of this campus - really sweet!

February we start our Leadership Development track that David and I will be leading the teaching in for a group here of about 25. Really looking forward to it and have been working on pulling all this stuff together.

Well, I know that this post has been somewhat random. Just alot of stuff that has been swirling around in my mind this morning.

For those that read this today - if you could send up a prayer ... 3:20pm is my appointment for the drivers test! ACK!

I will keep you posted:)

Peaceout!
.:sheri:.
Sheri at 8:52 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger anthony said...

You are at your driver's test as I'm writing this. Hopefully it is a truly life-changing, exhilarating experience!!

5 Miles!! That's awesome Sheri. Keep it up!

I love that I can still in some way keep up with what's going on in your life via this wonderous blogging!

Bless you Sheri!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Hey honey, totally relate to the license thingy...I actually drove in Canada on my Brit license ILLEGALLY for years!!! anyway, i mustered up the courage to taket the written test and i failed it! i felt so humiliated, as by then I had been driving for 12 years..so I did it again and passed. then the driving test...well, I think the tester had pitty on me, a new mother with a baby, who needed to get out a bit! I didn't do too well, but it was really down to nerves! Saying all that, I am actually a good driver.. ask my Lifeforce team who wouldn't drive in Montreal! I had to do the driving there, so go figure! anyway, saying a prayer for you today and always! love, jac xoxo

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home