Sheri McConnell: Update

Monday, February 27

Update

Had a great night last night with our initial core group from Basileia. We had 29 of our "identified" core leadership group and have started a strategic leadership development process-that will be taking place over the next 3 months.

Had some worship/prayer/teaching and of course our usual hang/party/social time. It was fantastic! As you looked around the room ...realized that the room was full of very amazing/talented men and women. What a priviledge. It was really exciting and a sense that "the next step" is beginning to unfold.

Tommorow we go into our first rehearsal in preparation for a live recording project that will be happening at the end of the month. It is really exciting! SO, most of the day will be spent in a studio figuring out songs, details, etc... Met with the guys today (again-what a talented group of guys and so full of character) it just felt so rich! Amazing!! Lots of details to unfold ... my role with this particular "hat" (thought to self-I should do a blog regarding "hats") is in more of the management/detail end of things so, I most definately have a whole whack load of work in front of me here to pull together in literally one month. This of course is on top of all the "usual Basileia stuff".

The weeks have definately jumped up a few notches in regards to task and the blend of relationship. It's good. I like pressure. I seem to thrive better in those kind of environments.

Things are on the move ... let me end this post today with somewhat of a clarifier ...

Clarifier: To anyone who perhaps is unfamiliar with the world of "blogging". (I realize that most of you who actually read my blogs are aware of the concept of blogging). However, there are a few who perhaps this is a new concept to. Blogging, really is a way to express musings, heart, thoughts, rants, current realities. It is not meant necessarily to be a day to day calendar of events/or in this case "ministry log". Though sometimes might look that way (like my post today) it is more of a heart connect than a day to day organizer. For my friends and family who are looking for more "tangible" what the world is sheri up to questions ... please feel free to email or call me directly. I would be happy to pop out personal communications.
Sheri at 11:14 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger Rae said...

Hey Sheri... It's so cool to read your blog and see a little of what you are up to. I would love to come and see you guys. The last few years have shown me what an amazing and unique woman you are. There aren't many like you in the world. Love you- Rachel.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are amazing

9:47 PM  
Blogger Clarkie said...

Hey sheri...it is funny to me that you explained blogging...

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey sheri, quick q. which book are you refering to (henri nouwen's). his books are so down to earth.

sounds like things are going really well out there :) take care!

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home