Sheri McConnell: I realize ...

Tuesday, February 7

I realize ...

It is about time to write a new post.

It has been fairly busy and there is always that pull to only blog when there is some inspiring revelation or profound thought to be discussed. The activities of the day don't seem to be that exciting but, perhaps for some of you (like my beautiful mom) you appreciate hearing the day to days of the schedule and routine.

Right off the top I have to say my days are not filled with much routine - which is usually the way I like it and yet the routine things that are valuable and life giving I do embrace.

So, this post is especially for you mom

Friday Night (3rd) - I went to this amazing Cuban restaurant with some good friends here and picked up my Christmas Present from my parents! A fancy BBQ!!! I have never owned anything like this and it is a little scary to think that this really excites me in this way. An adult toy for sure!! I look forward to summer BBQ/Patio/Pool Parties ... woohoo ....

Here's a shout out to you Doug, Rache and of course my mom and dad!

Saturday (4th) - Most of the 'In Touches' (aka: Basielia prayer/worship/social gatherings) usually happen at my pad. So, after a couple hours of cleaning my place a crew of Basileia posse came over and we spent a few hours together enjoying one another and the presence of the Lord together. So, with the setup of my brand new amazing BBQ - Yes, that's right 4 men were working on it ... a single girls dream! HAHAHAH ... Then again, 3 of them are married and the 4th is a 13 year old. Ah yah ... enough said.

Later on that evening, a small group of us went out for dinner to one of our favorite restaurant haunts called Don Cucos! Fabulous mexican cuisine! For those of you who come and visit - I will for sure take you here. The Don Cucos staff knows me by name;)

Sunday (5th) - Was SUPERBOWL Sunday where there was a huge party at the Ruis' pad ... We at Basileia love to spend as much time as possible with one another ... we love to party and have fun! So, right after going to the gym and running 6 miles - I crashed the party!!! Somewhat exhausted I might add.

Monday (6th) - David and I left first thing in the morning to pick up a good friend in Ventura. Andy Freeman, from England who is a key leader with the 24-7 Prayer movement. It was a day spent with food, coffee, waaaaayyyy too much LA and area driving, airport action and stimulating conversation! Had an hour to chill went to the gym and ran 5 miles -then hooked up with Tamara and friend where we hit up a fantastic Sushi Place in Burbank. mmmm.....sushi .... yummiiiii... i love sushi!!

Here is a shout out to John Janzen - a friend from the Winnipeg era and who is now living in Japan with his fam! Remember John when you and I went out for sushi after our crazy census taking experiences and you first introduced me to EEL! I will never forget!!

TODAY! Tuesday (7th) - A good day at that ... Bailey who is my constant alarm clock. Seriously, I never have to set my alarm unless it is before 8AM. Bailey is up and ready to "do his business" by 8AM, 8:30 if he is sleeping in. Honestly, sometimes when I actually want to sleep in ... Let's just say I don't welcome my furry white alarm!

So ... got up, worked on some itinerant/basileia detail computer work. Took Bailey for an actual 'walk' and then headed over to the Ruis' to spend a few hours working on designing our basileia leadership track with David which we will be starting the end of this month. I have lots of prep work in front of me but, really excited about this! We have about 25 Basileian's who are committing to 6 sessions of 4 hours who will be walking through leadership development with David/Anita and I. This is foundational to the establishment of our core. So, exciting!

Then around 3pm went to the gym and ran 6 miles just under 56 minutes.
BTW - picked up a new pair of addidas runners at Lady Footlocker for $21!
Thank you Jesus...funny, how He knows and provides right when we really do need something -even in the little things. I knew that I could not afford expensive shoes at this point and was really praying that I could find something reasonable and bang -last week struck gold! woohoo...

Got home, worked on catching up on some emails and in about 20 minutes heading over to pick up anita - we are going to see the movie "Pride and Prejudice"...ooooooo.... I can hardly wait. A completely spontaneous last minute decision! I have been dieing to see this movie! Romance at it's finest!!

So, as I finish this post with a nice coffee in hand - ok, maybe not in hand cause that would be hard to type but, right in front of me ...with the occasional sip/type/sip/type breaks ...

I say goodnight to all my fine family and constant friends who I love dearly, whom I think of often and miss always ...

Mr. Darcy is calling my name!

Goodnight

.:sheri:.
Sheri at 5:11 PM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mr.darcy is quite the fellow. if you haven't yet, you must see memoirs of a geisha. do it. do it. best cinematography i've seen in a while. love ya.

9:52 PM  
Blogger anthony said...

Hey Sheri!

This was an awesome post. It is great to hear what ordinary life looks like for you. Props on the six miles. I believe last time you mentioned running you were at five miles.

Interesting that you mention the Cuban restaurant because Shayla and I are leaving for Havana early Friday morning. We'll be there for a week.

Pride and Prejudice is terrific!

Take care Sheri!

5:44 PM  
Blogger UF said...

I remember! Make your way over to Japan, and it can get way weirder than Eel!

3:09 PM  
Blogger hayes said...

it was nice to hear what you do day to day. It's great that you get to the gym everyday. Ryan and are just getting hooked up with the Y and plan on going at least 3 times a week.

That's all I have to say.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home