Sheri McConnell: Ramblings

Tuesday, January 31

Ramblings

HEY friends ... Well, I just got home from the gym and I am extremely exhausted! Of course I had to add the grocery shopping into my evening excursion - which is a minor workout in itself lugging big water jugs from my car to my apartment! ugh ... i don't drink the water from the tap unless it is boiled ...it tastes too wierd. I have been spoiled by fine Calgary water!

Let's see where to begin ... Well, I am now up to running 6 miles a day in a time of just under 56 minutes. I have no clue if that is good or not -but, let me tell yah when i stop I have sweat almost down to my belly button! not a pretty sight!! Feeling physically exhausted is actually a liberating thing! I don't think that I would ever say that cause I hate sweating but, there is something about those endorphines kicking in that feel really good! Why then is it so flippin' hard to get the butt off the couch?? Ohh well ... I am doing well at this and at the YMCA 5-6 days out of the week!! Hoorah ... Hurray ... I would say this is pretty close to a miracle;) haha... lol

I saw the movie today "End of the Spear". Oh my gosh -total tear jerker ...that is if you are a type of person (like myself) who just throws yourself right into the middle of the story. It is a beautiful "true story" of 5 missionaries in the 50's who were killed as they were reaching out to a tribe in Ecuador who were on the brink of extinction. The story is told from the sons perspective of one of the men who were martyred (not Jim Elliot's son) and then the journey of the tribe from then on -the healing and salvation that has taken place. It is so incredible ... very inspiring. From a production perspective - (my personal opinion only) felt that the music was a throw back to cheesy christian music and I semi expected Kirk Cameron to come walking onto the set at some point. Most of you will understand that comment;) I found elements of it cheesy and if I was not so drawn to the actual content of the story and the meaning in it - I probably would not have liked it. So, there you have it -move over roger and ebert (oh wait one of them isn't around anymore-oops) sheri mcconnell is on the set! HA HAHAHA ....
**I do recommend you see it!

Tommorow is my California Drivers Road Test - 2PM - Pacific Time! Yikes... All my 16 year old fears are on the surface ...please pray!!!

Feb. 16th - I am going to a live taping of the Dr. Phil show with a couple friends! HA! Should be fun - looking forward to it!

Basileia is doing well. It is cool cause there definately is a core group that is emerging and forming. This past sunday we were at "The GIG" - the nightclub in the heart of Hollywood for our once a month gathering. It was absolutely amazing!! It never ceases to amaze me all the new people that end up showing up ... and hearing about it from who knows? our weekly gatherings are in homes and we have had a couple different ones in the last week and they have been really focused on prayer and seeking the Lord for our "Hub-Location". We are just finding it difficult doing everything out of our homes especially in the LA area where there are 3 counties, over 100 cities and approximately 17 million people that I live right in the middle of. It takes many people over an hour just to get to things and that is on a good freeway day! Appreciate your prayers as we seek Him as to where He really wants us to establish ourselves ... We are beginning Feb. 12th our first round of leadership development teaching and training over a 3 month period with a group of about 20. Really looking forward to this ... there is quite a bit of prep to pull together for it but, excited about the times that we will be able to spend building a deeper heart connect with our emerging core.

Well, I think that is it for now ... I am exhausted and need to get some zzzz...
I will be back in touch soon!

Heaps of love and fun stuff all over you ... Keep it real!

.:sheri:.
Sheri at 10:55 PM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That is incredible!(Your running time and distance!) I've been running for years and I don't come near to doing that! Good for you! That is great time and distance, especially if you are doing it daily! Good for you! I love running. I don't get out to do it nearly as much as I would like to but when I do, I sure love it!Lol! In fact I have not been for a run in about 3 weeks! Kinda feel like a dog who has been chained up too long!!! LOL! Anyhow have a nice day!Was just out blog hopping thought I would say hello! Jewel

9:46 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Hey friend....will be thinking about you as you take the next step to being an official ca-li-for-nia driver! You go girl!!!

love ya, jac xoxo

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home