Sheri McConnell: Date Change

Sunday, March 12

Date Change

Well ... for those who care and/or to whom this effects ... we have decided to change the date of our "Live Recording Project" to April 20+21st. So, if anyone wants to take a road trip down to southern california -you have a bit more time to make a plan! Winkwink...that is for you chad+janna ... katie? We felt that the extra couple of weeks would give us more time to do what we want to do from a production standpoint AND of course it means that we will be able to do this in our newly leased 5000 square foot LOFT SPACE!!! Yahhoooo....

Dr.Phil Update-for those who tuned in ... looks like the only one who made a 15 second cameo appearance was Anita Ruis herself (did you catch it yvonne?)

WE HAD SNOW here yesterday! Yes, that is completely true ...in fact a midget size snowman was sitting outside on the lawn yesterday till late last night. People were running outside taking pictures and making road trips from all over LA to come to Tujunga to see the snow! HA!!!! Just a little bit of 'Canadian' for me -yeah. It is darn cold and I even had to turn on my furnace full tilt all day yesterday. Today, it just looks like a typical Vancouver winter day. Grey, chilly, almost about to rain with the sun peaking through every now and then.

Thursday Night
a friend and I were heading over to a place called the "Velvet Margarita" just off Sunset/Hollywood Blvd. It was a friends graduation party from Massage Therapy School so,,, we were going to celebrate with him! Anyway ... as we were driving everywhere to find a parking spot -all there was was valet parking everywhere. This is a big LA thing -wierd I am still not totally used to it ... I drove into a parking lot to see how much it was and this guy approached my window whom I asked "how much was parking"? and he replied $10. Something went off internally for me and my friend but, you are thinking I am in a parking lot there was another parking attendant watching as this was all unfolding ... we hummed -while trying to decide if we wanted to park there and the guy kept repeating $10 getting a little more aggressive. (which can be common for here) so, finally my friend leaned over and gave a $20. which i replied by saying we needed change and he totally ignored me just asking for a lighter (like 3 times) at this point the other parking attendant is saying something but, not coming over all of a sudden this guy just takes off running. My friend jumps out of the car ..yelling at the guy running and I'm yelling at the parking guy who just stood there and did not do anything so, we take off driving to find this guy ...and as if what are we going to do if we did find him>>we hadn't got to that part yet. We finally find a parking spot and thought we had spotted him down a side street but, no way could've caught him. Nevertheless, in the midst of being robbed/conned we had a laugh and thought just a typical Hollywood Blvd. day.

PS> The Velvet Margarita was VERY COOL! 70's red velvet wallpaper everywhere with a trashy mexican spin to it. The vibe was amazing! All you local LA'ers who read my blog -you should check it out sometime!

BTW - Heaps of Thanks to you all who actually comment on my blog ... I love it! Totally encouraging ... You Rock!

Today is our second leadership session day -should be fun! I'm off. overandout.
Sheri at 11:15 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home