Sheri McConnell: Please Pray!

Monday, March 20

Please Pray!

After the GIG yesterday ... a young girl (name witheld) who has been coming occasionally to Basileia was requesting prayer in response to the message and just the overall dynamic of what was happening in the room all day yesterday (it was very 'sweet'). ...This girl has not been sober for 6 years. She is addicted to Cocaine, Alcohol, Marijuana and Pills.

Later on that day after much prayer by a few of us -the girl called Anita later on and said that she wanted to detox off everything. Just found out that she is pregnant (approx. 6 weeks) So, after I came home from Anaheim Vineyard last night (Brian Doerksen was there) I immediately went over to the Ruis' and Anita/I have begun to take this girl through a detox process. Which meant anita and I took shifts all night -basically stayed up all night and with alot of prayer, conversation, tea we watched/waited and interceded on behalf of this girl as she lay on the couch in front of us beginning her detox. The Spirit of the Lord was really strong in the room and we definately could feel his tangible help in the process. This girl actually slept for a few hours in the middle of the night/early morning as PEACE was being prayed over her! She had not slept for 5 days before last night. She actually made it to work this morning which gave anita and I a few hours of respite and rest. Until 4:30pm we will be meeting again and this time will happen at my house. Round 2 begins tonight here at my place ...another all nighter of watching...interceeding...

PLEASE PRAY with us. Anita and I are both exhausted but, excited as to what the Lord has started here ..there really is a sweet spirit around this girl even in the midst of so much brokenness and addiction. This girl is only 21 -and yet has experienced a life that no 21 year old should experience, let alone a mature adult.

Please particularly pray for us tonight. This could be a more difficult night. Pray that His Peace would fill my home and supernaturally touch this young girl. Pray for freedom for her and strength for Anita and I! Pray! Pray! Pray!

Thanks friends and family!!!
sheri
Sheri at 12:55 PM

6 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Praying for both you and Anita, and this young woman, Sheri. Check out this article http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=61976377&blogID=96896737&MyToken=19d1c39b-e2fb-4605-abee-525d6895ca88
I found this guy's description of a similar process to what you are walking this girl through to be incredibly touching...

1:29 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Will pray. What an intense, tough, awesome situation.

3:58 PM  
Blogger rachel elizabeth said...

you three are in my thoughts and in my prayers...
missing you lots Sheri, blessings on you down there.

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheri my friend ... I will pray tonight. robyn

7:33 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Your in my prayers. It's amazing to think of the incredible life that God has planned for this girl. Blessings as you continue to bless those around you!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Greg Roberts said...

Such an inspiring story, I'll be praying.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home