Sheri McConnell: Busy Busy Girl ...

Sunday, April 16

Busy Busy Girl ...

'Tis the season ...or should I say month for being busy!

Xpuctoc Vockpec! (from russian translation "Christ is Risen!")
Happy Easter everyone!

As I say above this month has been super busy hence the reality that I have not updated my blog for some time. Thank you to everyone who have been praying for this young adult girl whom anita and I have befriended and working with. No further updates as of yet however, I will keep you posted as circumstances evolve and gradually unfold.

I was in Yuba City last wknd. (45 minutes outside Sacramento) with a great group of people who were hosting an arts conference with David and a small team from Basileia. This past week my parents sailed in from Abbotsford, Canada. I met them in San Diego for a couple days where we visited with family/friends and took in a day at SeaWorld! Funfun... we headed back up to LA this past friday and spent the wknd. transforming my patio -literally! It went from one big cement block to a really nice little area, bistro patio table and chairs included (an early birthday present). It is so nice now ... breakfast on the patio takes on a whole new meaning! Thanks mom and dad -you guys seriously rock! (PS. as soon as mom sends me some of the pictures -I will post them up here on the blog for you all to see-cause I know most of you have not seen my place)

Last night, we celebrated mom and dad's 40th anniversary at an amazing steakhouse called 'Houstons' in Pasadena. Hard to believe 40 years wow ... perhaps I am not the only one but, my parents have been frozen in time a few years back so, to think "40 years" yikes reminds me firstly that I am getting older ...which funny enough -I have myself freeze framed a few years back to 20 something! hahaha ... is that always what happens? Though it also causes me to think WOW- 40 years to be married to the same person and actually enjoy being married to the same person is such a beautiful testimony to this sacred covenant! My brother Kevin and I have been priviledged to be raised in a godly family where stability and the word 'divorce' was never an option! I pray that one day I too will model this type of covenant. What a blessing!

Tonight we had dinner with David and Anita -which was a highlight for my parents to meet and get to know 2 very dear friends who I have partnered with down here and now we are home and they are busy packing to begin their next leg of the final part of this journey. The amtrack train first thing tomorrow morning! One thing I have to say is that our family sure knows how to do holidays up right! Perhaps this is where my travelling bug was birthed...:)

Tomorrow will be regroup/cleaning/laundry day and then Tuesday AM I have 3 friends coming in from Canada who are dancing on our next live recording and DVD project upcoming next month. We are taking this week as a creative prep/ground laying and breaking for our community here. Should be a very FULL and yet FUN week! Can hardly wait to see more fellow Canadian friends.

Gotta jet ...time to load up some luggage into my car.
love to you all. peaceout a town!
Sheri at 6:34 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger rachel elizabeth said...

Sheri! Glad to see the update, wondering what had you all tied up down there!
guess what? I graduate in 7 days...weird eh!?

Miss you loads - hope to see you soon my friend!

12:05 AM  
Blogger WAUGDAI said...

Well look who came back... Good to see a new blog. Can't wait till you visit us Canadians.. Peace.

9:41 AM  
Blogger anthony said...

Looking forward to seeing the pics of your house!

Glad you had a good time with your folks.

Bless you.

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss you sher. i'll write soon about my adventures in belize

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home